If you’re like most people, home decor isn’t exactly your strongest subject. You might have trouble deciding which colours or decorations will best suit your home’s interior and exterior, so coming up with an original decorating plan can be difficult. Fortunately, there are tons of simple home decor hacks out there that anyone can use to make their home look incredible and unique without the need for expensive decor or design classes. Here are just five of our favourite home decor hacks to get you started.
1. Rearrange your furniture – Sometimes all your space needs is a fresh perspective. Simply rearranging your furniture can give your room a whole new look.
2. Add some greenery – Indoor plants are not only aesthetically pleasing but also purify the air. So kill two birds with one stone by adding some greenery to your home.
3. Bring in some colour – Whether it’s through painting an accent wall or adding colourful throw pillows, a pop of colour can go a long way in brightening up your space.
4. Incorporate texture – Adding texture to your space can make it cosier and more inviting. Try adding a fuzzy throw blanket or a sheepskin rug.
1. Gardeners can create their own little paradise with the right home decor.
2. Adding a few personal touches can make all the difference in the garden.
3. Lighting is important for setting the mood in the garden. Candles, string lights, and solar lights are all great options.
4. Plants and flowers are a must-have for any garden. Choose plants that will thrive in your climate and that you find visually appealing.
5. Water features add a touch of luxury to any garden. A simple birdbath or fountain can make a big impact.
6. Outdoor furniture allows you to enjoy your garden to the fullest. Choose pieces that are comfortable and that fit your style.
1. Once your surfaces are clear, it’s time to add some personal touches. Try adding a few vases with fresh flowers or some fun artwork.
2. Next, focus on your storage solutions. If your kitchen is lacking in cabinet space, try using wall-mounted shelves or baskets to store things like pots and pans.
3. Another great way to make your kitchen look amazing is by revamping your backsplash. If you have tile, try painting it a different colour or adding some fun decals. In kitchens that don’t have much space for decorative backsplashes, consider using paint and stencils to decorate the walls.
One of the best ways to score affordable home decor is by thrift store shopping. You can find some amazing products for house if you take the time to look through everything. Plus, thrifting is more sustainable than buying new items, which is always a bonus. Look at the entire store when you first walk in. Sometimes things get overlooked because they’re too high up or in an obscure corner. Check out all the nooks and crannies that display products for a house before deciding. Storage units and corners tend to have great finds that people may not think to check out otherwise. Examine every item with care and think about how it would work in your space and what it might cost at a retail store. If you like something but don’t want it, keep checking back periodically—someone else might buy it but end up changing their mind later on down the line!
Main photo: Huy Nguyen/unsplash.com